Saturday, August 15, 2009

Strange smell

OKAY, today's post is a little more different. i would request you to reply. it'll make life more fun. i was at lunch when one of the staff at the store had gotten something smelly. No no it wasn't bad. quite nice actually it was a pulav of some sort.




It got me thinking: DO people smell like what they eat or do most? here's some examples:


1. my mum and dad always smelt like my store when they got home. very pleasant soothing aroma of flowers or something.

2. my first ex-gf. she was gujju. her sweaters especially smelt like my naani's muthia. which is a gujju delicacy. I rather like it so i let it be.

3. my second ex is mangy. well she like my aunts house kinda have this faint distinct smell of fish. i didn't like it too much but ok.

3. a very old friend of mine from college. She is short resembles a 10 year old is catholic and always, almost ALWAYS smelt of flowers. I have no clue why!

4. another friend of mine. another woman again. she's very sweet we get along well. but everytime she meets her bf i can only smell his brand of smokes mixed with her perfume. not the best combo i might bed.

5. My oldest bud P. Well every i can generally smell only his alcohol on him. i don't know why. unless he's hit his favourite VAT!

Well these are only five examples. i have more but fear of getting obliterated worries me. what do you think? you know anyone like this? Any experience? Let me know...

5 comments:

  1. Well, here are few that would make a person squirm.
    Once a blind person was travelling upto Bandra in train from CST or VT.There was a man and a prostitute in that compartment.
    When they left VT he knew just when Masjid Bunder came since he could smell the Masalas.
    Next he knew when Dockyard came, he smelt the sea.
    Then came Cotten Green, he smelt the steel rollings.
    Next he came to Sewree with the smell of fish.Next he could smell the south Indian Coffee at Kings Circle.Suddenly at Mahim he got up to get down.
    Meanwhile the pro and the customer had started their fun.
    The pro asked him why has he got up earlier than Bandra...
    He said he smelt the Bandra Gutter thats why.....
    I hope this tells you what smells can do to anyone..
    Enjoy.Good art dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of Old Spice after shave, makes me feel warm & aroused when my husband uses. Mixed with his own body smell that is,definately not when other men use it.I also like how my lab Abby smells,somehow very different from other dogs.
    Sadly a lot of people we meet do not realise that they do not smell too good & it is very difficult to let them know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i identify people with the smell mostly. not that i go sniffing at every lad i meet, but even if i don see the person and get the smell, then my olfactory system senses it n i kno who is around...
    for an instance,(well, plz oblige coz all my egs are going to be about/revolve around feroze) today for some reason i went in an auto. was reading the forwards in my inbox and further forwarding it to selected people. i was at the indian express signal when i suddenly felt the fragrance (smell sounds too inappropriate) of him rush beside me. so i almost jumped out of the auto to see if he is somewhere around in the same signal.. but alas, hmmm anyway, so the fragrance/aroma/perfume/scent of known objects/people becomes an inbuilt sensation and we get accustomed to it.
    and actually our smelling senses are the most apt and atimuli reactant after the sense of touch... so it definitely is a wonderful sensory system...
    n aadi, not bad u tho remember the aromas of ur ex's to. not bad ya. watch out they might juz be too impressed and bounce back to you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you're saying, almost always I've noticed people's houses have a very distinct smell which is most often peculiar to just one home... It's funny... It could be a mix of all the oils and masalas. Or for instance, an old relative of mine who used a lot of an ayurvedic oil for joint ache, her entire houese smelt of it and so did she, all the time. There was a time when I used to feel very smell-less. I remember wondering why my house had no smell... But then scooby came along and so did the smell :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @narcoleptic :-D
    @sadiya farzeen you have a point cant afford to do that. not like i do it anyway.
    @kalpana you have a serious point there sometimes at work i meet people who i just cannot stand next to forget talk to.
    @krsnas parables thats a lovely story!

    ReplyDelete